Where to stay in Barolo: Luxury resort, Boutique Hotels, Family-friendly
Barolo, a serene and historic commune nestled in the heart of Piedmont, Italy, is famous for its exceptional wines and rich cultural heritage. There is a wide variety of accommodations available to visitors that cater to different needs and preferences, ensuring everyone can find a perfect place to stay. This comprehensive guide covers the best accommodations in Barolo and its surrounding areas, divided into various categories.
We’ve got luxurious retreats for those seeking an exquisite and exclusive experience 🍷. For nature lovers and peace seekers, we’ve got the best resorts located within a 20-kilometer radius of Barolo ⛰️. If you prefer a more intimate and unique stay, explore our selection of boutique hotels and B&Bs 🏨. For those traveling with family, there are charming and cozy agriturismos to consider 🏡.
We’ve also found accommodations offering stunning vineyard views 🌄. If you’re bringing your furry friends along, you’ll be pleased with our selection of pet-friendly accommodations 🐾. And lastly, for those on a budget, we’ve got a list of affordable stays in and around Alba and Barolo 💰. Each category lists the best options with a brief description and average price per night. Let’s explore and find your perfect ‘home away from home’ in the beautiful region of Barolo!
Where to stay in Barolo: Best accomodations
Barolo, located in Italy’s famous wine-producing region of Piedmont, offers a range of accommodations from boutique hotels and B&Bs to luxurious resorts. Some of the top places to stay in Barolo include Relais Corte Guastalla, The Cordero di Montezemolo, Il Boscareto Resort & Spa, Villa Beccaris, Palas Cerequio, Civiico, La Rosa Gialla & La Giolitta B&B. These accommodations are renowned for their stunning views, proximity to wineries, and exceptional service.
Plan the perfect trip to Barolo with our comprehensive travel guide. Get the best recommendations for wineries, accommodations, local events, and more. Explore the beauty of Barolo with Alba City Tours and learn what makes this region so special. Visit: albacitytours.com/barolo-travel-guide
|🍷 Exploring the Luxury of Barolo||Palas Cerequio||A luxurious charm resort located in the heart of Barolo’s wine region. Average price: $300 per night|
|Castello di Sinio||Luxury hotel with restaurant, located 20km away from Barolo. Average price: $250 per night|
|⛰️ Best Resorts within 20 km of Barolo||Relais San Maurizio||Located in Santo Stefano Belbo, less than 20 km from Barolo, it offers spa treatments and a Michelin-starred restaurant. Average price: $200 per night|
|Il Boscareto Resort & Spa||Luxury resort in Serralunga d’Alba, with a spa, restaurant, and vineyard views. Average price: $220 per night|
|🏨 Boutique Hotels and B&Bs||Nel Centro di Alba||Located in the heart of Alba, this B&B offers elegance and comfort with a central location. Average price: $120 per night|
|Locanda del Pilone||A charming boutique hotel with panoramic views over Barolo’s vineyards. Average price: $150 per night|
|🌳 Family-friendly Agriturismo||Agriturismo Cascina Sot||Offers an authentic farm-stay experience with local cuisine and activities for children. Average price: $100 per night|
|Agriturismo La Rosa nel Bicchiere||Ideal for families, offers wine tastings and walks in the vineyards. Average price: $80 per night|
|🍇 Accommodations with Vineyard Views||Barolo Rooms Affittacamere||Offers breathtaking views of Barolo’s vineyards from its elevated position. Average price: $130 per night|
|Cascina Baràc||Offers comfortable accommodations with panoramic views of the vineyards. Average price: $120 per night|
|🐾 Pet-Friendly Accommodations in Barolo||La Giolitta B&B||A cozy country house that welcomes pets, with comfortable rooms and an excellent breakfast. Average price: $90 per night|
|Hotel Villa Beccaris||This pet-friendly hotel offers a spectacular view over the Langhe. Average price: $150 per night|
|💰 Affordable Stays around Alba and Barolo||Albergo San Lorenzo||Located in the center of Alba, offers a comfortable stay at an affordable price. Average price: $70 per night|
|Albergo Cantine Ascheri||Mid-range hotel in Bra, a short drive away from Barolo, with an attached wine cellar. Average price: $75 per night|
Exploring the Luxury of Barolo:
Barolo, apart from its world-renowned wines, is also known for its luxury accommodations. One of the top options for a luxurious stay is the Civiico, a finely restored house featuring comforts like an indoor Sauna and Jacuzzi. For travelers looking to indulge and experience the finest aspects of the Piedmont region, Barolo offers a variety of luxurious accommodations. These establishments often include high-end amenities such as gourmet restaurants, wine tasting sessions, spa facilities, and stunning views of the Barolo vineyards.
- Relais Corte Guastalla: Located in a beautifully renovated 19th-century building, Relais Corte Guastalla offers guests a unique blend of history, luxury, and comfort. The property has an outdoor pool and an onsite vineyard, giving guests a taste of the wine-growing culture that defines this region.
- The Cordero di Montezemolo: Nestled among rolling vineyards, the Cordero di Montezemolo offers its guests a luxury stay in an authentic country setting. The property has its own winery and offers wine tasting sessions.
- Villa Beccaris: This beautiful villa is located in Monforte d’Alba, a short drive from Barolo. It offers rooms with views of the Langhe hills, a swimming pool, and an excellent restaurant.
- Il Boscareto Resort & Spa: Located in Serralunga d’Alba, this five-star resort offers an exclusive spa, fine dining options, and panoramic views over the vineyards.
- Palas Cerequio: This high-end resort in La Morra offers nine unique rooms, each dedicated to a particular Barolo village or historic vineyard.
These luxury accommodations provide not just a place to sleep, but a comprehensive experience of Barolo’s wine culture. With beautiful locations, excellent service, and a focus on local wine, these establishments offer a truly luxurious stay. Whether you’re a wine aficionado or simply a traveler seeking the finer things in life, Barolo’s luxury accommodations will undoubtedly enhance your visit to this picturesque Italian wine region. And if you’re keen to discover the best things to do in Barolo, from wine tasting to scenic walks, check out our recommendations at Best things to do in Barolo. This guide ensures that your stay in Barolo will be filled with unforgettable experiences and attractions.
Boutique Hotels and B&Bs:
Boutique hotels and bed & breakfast accommodations offer a unique blend of comfort and immersive experience, that make your stay in Barolo more than just a visit. Dotted amidst the enchanting vineyards, these establishments often focus on creating a unique atmosphere, characterized by their local charm, personalized service, and warm hospitality. The best in Barolo are La Rosa Gialla and La Giolitta Bed & Breakfast stand out for their excellent service, comfortable rooms, and prime locations.
- Cascina Rocca – Guest House: Located in the heart of the Barolo region, this charming guest house offers comfortable rooms and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. Guests can enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding vineyards and hills.
- Barolo Rooms: This boutique B&B located right in Barolo offers four comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms, each named after a Barolo wine cru.
- Al Brich: Situated on a hill with views over the Alps and the Langhe wine area, Al Brich offers six comfortable rooms and an apartment, all with panoramic views.
- La Rosa Gialla: This B&B in Barolo offers modern rooms with a touch of rustic charm. Each room has a private terrace with views of the vineyards.
- Il Grappolo D’Oro: Located in the heart of Monforte d’Alba, this boutique hotel offers a mix of contemporary design and traditional charm.
- La Ribezza Boutique Hotel: This hotel in Monforte d’Alba combines a minimalist design with the charm of a 19th-century building. It features a restaurant, bar, and wellness center.
These boutique hotels and B&Bs provide a cozier and more intimate stay, perfect for visitors who prefer smaller establishments with a strong sense of local charm and personality. They also provide an excellent base for exploring the vineyards and tasting the world-renowned Barolo wines.
Enjoying the Family-friendly Agriturismo Experience in Barolo:
When it comes to experiencing authentic Italian rural life, there’s nothing quite like staying in an Agriturismo. These are working farms that have been converted into guest accommodations, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the beauty and tranquility of the countryside while enjoying the freshest local produce. In and around Barolo, a number of Agriturismi provide comfortable stays in the heart of the wine region. For a more unique and rustic experience, Agriturismo Il Gioco Dell’Oca offers a warm welcome and a real taste of the local culture. The fresh homemade cakes and the location in the heart of the wine region make it a must-visit.
- Agriturismo Il Gioco Dell’Oca: Welcoming guests with two happy dogs, this family-run farmhouse is a perfect slice of countryside life. Apart from the comfortable rooms, guests can also enjoy homemade cakes and fresh fruits available all day. Being right in the heart of the wine region, it’s an excellent base for wine exploration.
- Agriturismo le Viole: Located just a short distance from Barolo, this agriturismo offers spacious, clean rooms and a warm welcome from the lovely owners, Luciana and Franco. The farmhouse is surrounded by beautiful vineyards, providing stunning views and easy access to the local wineries.
- Agriturismo Cascina Goretta: This family-run farm in Castiglione Falletto, a few kilometers from Barolo, offers beautiful rooms with a rustic charm. The farm also produces its own wine, which you can taste and purchase.
- Agriturismo Bevione: Situated in a quiet location on a hill, this agriturismo in Verduno offers a relaxed atmosphere, beautiful views, and comfortable rooms. Their in-house restaurant serves traditional Piedmontese dishes prepared with ingredients from the farm.
- Agriturismo Il Cucchiaio di Legno: Nestled amidst vineyards and hazelnut trees, this agriturismo in Sinio offers comfortable apartments, a large outdoor pool, and a restaurant serving dishes made from home-grown or locally-sourced products.
- Agriturismo La Torricella: Located atop a hill in Monforte d’Alba, La Torricella offers stunning views of the surrounding vineyards. With an on-site restaurant serving traditional dishes and a selection of their own wines, it’s a gastronomic delight for guests.
Staying at an agriturismo in the Barolo region is a unique experience that lets you savor the local life, taste fresh farm-to-table food, and enjoy the serene countryside setting. Whether you’re a wine enthusiast, a foodie, or just a lover of the great outdoors, an agriturismo stay in Barolo is sure to enrich your Italian vacation.
Accommodations with Vineyard Views:
One of the highlights of staying in Barolo is the chance to wake up to stunning vineyard views. Most hotels and B&Bs in the area boast rooms with views of the surrounding vineyards or the beautiful Italian countryside. Expanding our radius to 30km opens up a host of beautiful accommodations to choose from. Here are some alternative options:
- Hotel Langhe (Alba): This modern and stylish hotel is surrounded by its own private vineyards. It features a swimming pool and a beautiful panoramic view of the Langhe hills.
- Palas Cerequio (La Morra): A charming boutique hotel nestled amongst vineyards, Palas Cerequio offers luxury accommodation and stunning views over the countryside.
- Castello di Guarene (Guarene): An 18th-century castle converted into a 5-star hotel, Castello di Guarene combines history and luxury. It has a wellness center, a gourmet restaurant, and rooms that offer panoramic views of the Langhe landscape.
- Hotel Ca’ del Lupo (Montelupo Albese): Located on top of a hill, this hotel offers splendid views of the Piedmontese countryside. Their rooms are modern and elegant, and they have a great restaurant on-site.
- Borgo San Martino (Bra): A small but charming hotel, Borgo San Martino is located in the heart of Bra. It offers comfortable rooms and a pleasant stay at an affordable price.
- Hotel Barolo: This small hotel offers clean rooms with a small balcony from where you can enjoy a view of the small town and the surrounding vineyards.
Remember, while these accommodations may be a little farther away, they offer unique experiences and perspectives on the beautiful Langhe region. If you don’t mind a bit of travel, they could make a fantastic base for your wine country adventures.
Pet-Friendly Accommodations in Barolo:
If you’re traveling with your four-legged companion, don’t worry – Barolo has got you covered. Several accommodations in the area allow pets, but it’s always a good idea to check their pet policy before booking. Barolo and its surrounding regions also cater to pet owners with a number of pet-friendly accommodations. These establishments welcome your furry companions, ensuring that your pets can also enjoy a relaxing and comfortable holiday. Here are some notable pet-friendly accommodations in and around Barolo:
- Locanda Fontanazza: A charming inn located in La Morra, just a few kilometers from Barolo. This place offers a relaxing environment and, of course, welcomes pets.
- Albergo Cantine Ascheri: Situated in Bra, around 20 km from Barolo, this hotel has comfortable rooms and a welcoming atmosphere for you and your pet.
- Hotel Langhe: Located in Alba, about 15 km from Barolo, Hotel Langhe provides modern comfort and pet-friendly policies, making it a great base to explore the region.
- Villa Beccaris: An elegant hotel situated in Monforte d’Alba, offering stunning views of the Piedmont landscape. Pets are welcome here, but be sure to check their specific policies.
- Agriturismo Cascina Knec: A farm stay located in Corneliano d’Alba, offering an authentic Italian countryside experience. This pet-friendly establishment is about 20 km from Barolo.
Always remember to call ahead and check the specific pet policies of these establishments before booking. Enjoy exploring Barolo and the surrounding regions with your furry friends!
The Best Resorts within 20 km of Barolo:
If you’re looking to upgrade your stay in the Barolo region, consider a resort. These establishments offer an all-inclusive experience, where food, drinks, and often a wide range of activities and amenities are included in the price of your stay. While Barolo itself offers many excellent accommodations, the area within a 20-km radius of the town also hosts some amazing resorts. These resorts provide an expansive range of amenities, including spa services, wine tasting tours, and gourmet dining options. Here are some of the top resorts within a 20 km radius of Barolo:
- Boscareto Resort & Spa: Located in Serralunga d’Alba, this 5-star resort offers luxury accommodations, a gourmet restaurant, a wellness center, and a wine cellar. It’s the perfect place to relax and indulge in the flavors of the region.
- Relais San Maurizio: Situated in a restored 17th-century monastery in Santo Stefano Belbo, this luxury resort offers an immersive experience in the Piedmontese countryside. It boasts an award-winning restaurant, a spa, and an outdoor pool.
- L’Antico Asilo: Located in the heart of the Langhe region in Serralunga d’Alba, this resort is known for its stunning views, excellent service, and comfortable accommodations. Its restaurant specializes in local cuisine, and the property is surrounded by vineyards.
- Relais Villa D’Amelia: Located in Benevello, this resort offers a harmonious blend of modern comforts and historical charm. It features a gourmet restaurant, a wellness center, and an outdoor pool, all surrounded by a beautiful park.
- Hotel Langhe & Monferrato: Located in Costigliole d’Asti, this 4-star resort offers modern and elegant accommodations, an on-site restaurant serving local and international cuisine, a wellness center, and an outdoor pool.
- Castello di Guarene: This 5-star luxury resort is located in Guarene and offers stunning views of the Piedmont countryside. The resort features a wellness center, a fine dining restaurant, and luxurious accommodations.
- Tenuta Bricchi: Situated in Asti, this upscale resort offers comfortable accommodations, a restaurant serving local cuisine, a wine cellar, and beautiful views of the surrounding vineyards and countryside.
Choosing a resort near Barolo offers the opportunity to enjoy the region’s natural beauty while also benefiting from a range of services and amenities designed for relaxation and enjoyment. Whether you’re looking for a spa, a gourmet dining experience, or simply a comfortable place to rest after a day of wine tasting, these resorts offer something for everyone.
Affordable Stays aroud Alba and Barolo:
Visiting Barolo doesn’t necessarily have to break the bank. There are various affordable accommodations in and around Barolo that offer excellent value for money. From charming guest houses to budget-friendly B&Bs, you’ll find something that fits your budget without compromising on the experience. For those on a budget, there are still numerous options for accommodation in and around Alba and Barolo that provide excellent value for money. Here are a few suggestions:
- Albergo San Lorenzo: Located in Alba, this 2-star hotel offers a great location in the town’s center, clean rooms, and reasonable prices.
- Ca’ Del Lupo: Situated on a hilltop between Alba and Barolo, this hotel offers comfortable rooms with panoramic views at affordable rates.
- Hotel Savona: Also in Alba, Hotel Savona offers budget-friendly rooms in the heart of the city, making it a convenient base for exploration.
- Cascina Barac: Located in Alba, this charming B&B offers budget-friendly rates and includes a delicious breakfast.
- Agriturismo da Mamma: Situated in the heart of the Langhe region near Barolo, this farm stay offers reasonable rates and the opportunity to experience the local way of life.
These accommodations provide an affordable yet comfortable way to experience the beauty and culture of the Alba and Barolo region. Always check the latest prices and availability before booking.
BAROLO, the KING OF WINES town🍷Piemonte ITALY #cuneo #docg #langhe #redwine
Embarking on a journey to Barolo? Alba City Tours presents the ultimate travel guide to this world-renowned wine region. We offer detailed insights into everything you need to plan the perfect visit – from exploring the iconic wineries to staying at the most charming accommodations, and from enjoying the culinary delights to participating in local events like the truffle fair in Alba. Discover the true essence of Barolo with our extensive guide, curated and designed with the expertise of local insiders. Experience Barolo like never before, and make memories that last a lifetime. Find out more at Alba City Tours and start planning your adventure today.
Barolo, a jewel in the heart of the Piedmont region, offers a range of accommodations to suit every traveler’s needs and budget. From luxury resorts to quaint B&Bs and from family-friendly hotels to pet-friendly stays, there is something for everyone. It’s not only about where you stay, but also about the experience you get – waking up to the stunning vineyard views, savoring local delicacies, visiting nearby wineries, or simply soaking in the peacefulness of the countryside.
Remember, the charm of Barolo lies not just in its world-renowned wines but also in its picturesque landscapes, historical sites, and warm Italian hospitality. So, whether you’re here for the wine, the views, or the truffle fair in Alba, make sure to choose an accommodation that enhances your experience of this beautiful part of Italy. Happy travels!