History of Giovanni Rosso Winery, wine tours, tasting Experience
Situated in the heart of Italy’s prestigious Barolo region, Giovanni Rosso Winery is a family-owned vineyard that prides itself on creating wines that are a true reflection of their terroir. With a rich history and a deep respect for the land, Giovanni Rosso produces an array of premium wines that are a testament to the region’s world-renowned reputation for quality winemaking.
History of Giovanni Rosso Winery
The history of Giovanni Rosso Winery is a captivating tale of passion, hard work, and an unyielding commitment to quality and tradition. It’s a family-owned winery that stands proudly in the heart of Serralunga d’Alba, a region synonymous with premium Italian wines.
- The Early Years: The roots of Giovanni Rosso Winery go back to the 1890s when Giovanni Rosso, the patriarch, started cultivating vines in Serralunga d’Alba. His passion for winemaking was passed down through generations, and the family worked diligently to maintain the vineyards and produce high-quality grapes.
- Evolution of the Winery: In the 1980s, Giovanni’s son, Renato Rosso, took over the management of the family’s holdings, determined to elevate the reputation of their wines. He implemented strict vineyard management practices and worked relentlessly to ensure the grapes achieved optimal ripeness.
- Emergence on the Global Stage: The 21st century marked a significant milestone for Giovanni Rosso Winery when Renato’s son, Davide Rosso, assumed control. Trained in oenology and with experience in Burgundy, Davide was instrumental in the winery’s evolution. His ambition to produce world-class wines led to critical acclaim, and the wines of Giovanni Rosso began to capture international attention.
- Expanding Horizons: In recent years, the winery expanded its horizons by acquiring vineyards on Mount Etna in Sicily. The Etna wines, like their counterparts in Serralunga d’Alba, reflect the unique terroir of their origin, showcasing the family’s unwavering commitment to expressing the character of the land in their wines.
- The Giovanni Rosso Winery Today Today, Giovanni Rosso Winery is renowned for producing some of the finest wines in Piedmont, notably their exceptional Barolo. Their success is rooted in the family’s deep respect for the land, their meticulous approach to vineyard management, and their commitment to expressing the unique characteristics of each vineyard in their wines.
In the heart of Serralunga d’Alba, the tale of Giovanni Rosso continues to unfold, each vintage writing a new chapter in their enduring legacy of winemaking excellence.
Visiting Giovanni Rosso Winery
The Giovanni Rosso Winery offers an immersive experience for wine lovers. Visitors are invited to walk through the vineyards, learn about the winemaking process, and taste the estate’s exceptional wines. The winery provides different types of tours, catering to both novice wine enthusiasts and experienced connoisseurs. A tour at Giovanni Rosso offers an in-depth look at the family’s dedication to preserving and showcasing the unique terroir of their vineyards.
Booking a Giovanni Rosso wine tour tasting experience is an opportunity to delve into the unique world of Barolo wines. This exclusive tasting experience can be tailored to your specific interests, from a tour of the vineyards to a comprehensive tasting of Giovanni Rosso’s finest wines. To book a wine tour, you can reach out to the winery directly by calling them. They will be able to provide information on availability, pricing, and specific tour details. If you’re looking for a more personalized experience, including transport services, you can also get in touch with us, your trusted travel concierge service. Contact Us. We specialize in curating unique, luxury experiences and can arrange a customized wine tour that fits your preferences, including arranging transportation options such as a helicopter transfer from Monte Carlo to Barolo. This would certainly add an element of grandeur and convenience to your wine tour.
The world of wine is filled with flavors waiting to be discovered, and a wine tour tasting experience at Giovanni Rosso is an excellent way to uncover the hidden gems of the Barolo region. It’s an experience you won’t soon forget. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for more information and to start planning your perfect wine tasting tour.
Giovanni Rosso Wine Tours
Booking a journey with Giovanni Rosso Wine Tours offers an unparalleled dive into Piedmont’s rich winemaking tradition. The adventure commences in the breathtaking vineyards of Serralunga d’Alba, illuminating the nuances of each vineyard and the cultivated grape varieties. As you move deeper into the heart of the winery, you’ll witness the harmonious blend of time-honored techniques and modern technologies that birth the renowned wines of Giovanni Rosso. Each step of the winemaking process, from pressing to aging, unfurls before your eyes, encapsulating the essence of Italian enology.
The tour crescendos with an exquisite tasting of six wines, featuring four distinct Barolos, a true delight for any wine enthusiast. To further enrich this tasting experience, guests are presented with a curated selection of local artisanal delicacies like cheeses and cold cuts, harmoniously complementing the wine’s profiles. For those seeking utmost convenience, the option for a lavish helicopter transfer from Monte Carlo to Barolo ensures a seamless and luxurious journey. In essence, a Giovanni Rosso Wine Tour is not merely a visit but a holistic sensory celebration of Piedmont’s wine culture.
- The Beginning of a Journey: The wine tour begins in the stunning vineyards of Serralunga d’Alba, located in the Piedmont region of Italy. As you traverse the verdant fields, you will gain first-hand knowledge about the specific traits of each vineyard, the grape varieties grown, and the viticultural techniques implemented to ensure optimal vine health and grape quality.
- Behind the Scenes of Winemaking: The tour further takes you to the heart of the winery. Witness the intricate processes involved in winemaking, from the initial pressing to the delicate aging process. Discover how the blend of traditional techniques and innovative technologies give birth to the refined and complex wines of Giovanni Rosso.
- Tasting the Fruits of Labor: What better way to conclude the tour than by tasting the wines themselves? The tour includes a tasting of 6 wines, including 4 Barolos – a true treat for wine lovers.
- Local Delicacies to Complement the Wines: To enhance your wine tasting experience, a selection of local artisanal specialties, including cheeses and cold cuts, are also provided. These regional delights complement the wines perfectly, elevating the tasting to a gastronomic experience.
- Convenience and Comfort: To ensure your comfort and convenience, transportation options like a helicopter transfer from Monte Carlo to Barolo can be arranged. All you need to do is sit back, relax, and anticipate the wine adventure that awaits.
|Giovanni Rosso Experience||Details|
|Vineyard Tour||An insightful exploration of the vineyards where the journey of Giovanni Rosso wines begin.|
|Winery Tour||An in-depth look at the wine production process at the Giovanni Rosso winery.|
|Wine Tasting||A guided tasting of 6 wines, including 4 of their renowned Barolos.|
|Local Delicacies||A platter of local artisanal specialties to accompany the wine tasting.|
So why wait? Immerse yourself in the wonderful world of Italian wine at the Giovanni Rosso Winery, and create memories that will last a lifetime. Write us a message at [email protected] or call To book your exclusive wine tasting tour, get in touch with us and we will take care of all your needs, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable wine journey.
Barolo Tasting and Light Lunch at Giovanni Rosso Winery – 4.75 out 5
Location: Serralunga d’Alba, Cuneo, Piedmont, Italy “An intimate light lunch with wine tasting, discovering Giovanni Rosso Winery and their exquisite Barolos.” From: €130.00 Duration: 2 Hours Free Cancellation: Up to 3 Days Prior WHAT AWAITS YOU: This private light lunch with Barolo tasting is an excellent opportunity to explore the Giovanni Rosso Winery, nestled in the heart of the Langhe region.
Your experience will commence with a winery tour. As you visit the aging rooms, you’ll have the chance to taste three future vintages of Barolo straight from the barrel, followed by a tasting and comparison of three different vintages of bottled Barolo.
The wine tasting will be complemented by a light lunch comprising a selection of local artisanal delicacies and three Piedmontese starters.
Giovanni Rosso Vineyard Tour
This winery is located in Serralunga d’Alba, Cuneo, in the Piedmont region of Italy, an area renowned for its Barolo wine. Walking through the vineyards allows visitors to get a firsthand look at where the journey of every Giovanni Rosso wine begins. During the tour, you’ll learn about the specific characteristics of each vineyard, the grape varieties grown, and the viticultural practices employed to maintain the health of the vines and the quality of the grapes.
Here’s what you can expect from the tour:
- A guided tour of the winery: This includes a visit to the winemaking area and the aging rooms of the Giovanni Rosso winery. The tour guides will explain each production process in detail, helping you understand the complexities and intricacies of wine production.
- Tasting of 6 wines: The highlight of the tour is a tasting of 6 wines, 4 of which are Barolo – a revered wine that is often referred to as the “king of wines and the wine of kings”.
- Local delicacies: The winery also provides the option to accompany the wine tasting with a platter of local artisanal specialties, including cheeses and cold cuts.
The tour lasts approximately 1 hour. Please note that it’s necessary to book this experience online in advance. You can do so by clicking on the ‘Check Availability’ button on their website and selecting your preferred date. The winery has been praised for its knowledgeable and courteous staff, excellent wine, and comfortable ambiance. Whether you’re an expert or new to the world of wine, this tour is sure to provide an enriching and enjoyable experience. Remember to check their cancellation policy. As per the information provided, you can cancel the booking for free up to 3 days in advance. Please reach out to the winery directly or check their website for the most up-to-date information, as details can change.
Giovanni Rosso Winery Tour
mmerse yourself in the enchanting world of Italian wine by visiting the renowned Giovanni Rosso Winery. Located in the heart of the Langhe region, this family-run estate is a beacon for wine lovers around the globe. Famed for its illustrious Barolo wines, the winery is sure to impress with its steep vineyards, modern wine-making facilities, and rich history that spans over a century. The tour offers a unique opportunity to learn about the winery’s meticulous grape cultivation and wine production methods, exploring the terroirs of Serralunga d’Alba where each vine reveals a different story of the land.
At the Giovanni Rosso Winery, each wine tasting session is a sensory journey through the unique terroirs of Barolo. Under the guidance of knowledgeable hosts, you can savor the distinct notes of their Nebbiolo wines, discerning the subtle nuances that each vineyard imparts. The winery’s remarkable Barolo, crafted from different cru vineyards, each with its specific microclimate and soil composition, is the star of the show. To complement the wine tasting, the winery also arranges for local gastronomic delights, pairing the robust Barolos with traditional Piedmontese cuisine. Be it the rich pastas or the aromatic white truffles of Alba, every bite aims to enhance the symphony of flavors that the wines offer.
Giovanni Rosso Wine Tasting Experience
A visit to the Giovanni Rosso Winery would not be complete without a wine tasting session. The winery offers guided tastings of their wines, led by knowledgeable staff. This is a chance to taste and learn about the different wines produced by the estate, from their expressive Barbera D’Alba to their elegant and complex Barolo.
Giovanni Rosso Enoteca
The Enoteca, or wine shop, at the winery offers visitors the chance to purchase their favorite wines to take home. Here, you’ll find the full range of Giovanni Rosso wines, as well as a selection of wines from other top producers in the region.
Giovanni Rosso Blind Test
Engage your senses in the ultimate wine tasting adventure with the Giovanni Rosso Blind Test. This unique experience pushes the boundaries of traditional wine tasting, inviting participants to rely solely on their senses of taste and smell, without any knowledge about the wine’s label, vintage, or vineyard. The blind test is an incredible way to focus on the intricate flavors and aromas inherent in Giovanni Rosso’s impressive portfolio of wines. From the delicate floral undertones to the robust tannins that exemplify a Barolo, the blind test truly enhances the understanding and appreciation of these stellar wines.
The Revelation of Flavors with Giovanni Rosso
The blind test at Giovanni Rosso is not only a fun activity but also an enlightening journey into the art of wine tasting. By removing the influence of labels and preconceived notions about certain vintages or vineyards, the blind test provides an unbiased exploration of the wine’s character. It is a revelation of flavors and aromas, where the quality of the wine and the skill of the winemaker shine. Whether you are a novice wine enthusiast or a seasoned oenophile, the Giovanni Rosso Blind Test is an experience that promises to challenge, educate, and delight in every sip.
The Giovanni Rosso Vineyards
The Giovanni Rosso winery is an esteemed wine estate located in the heart of the Barolo region in Piedmont, Italy. The vineyards of Giovanni Rosso are spread across the Serralunga d’Alba region and the Etna region of Sicily. They are home to a variety of high-quality grape varieties, each one contributing to the unique character and quality of the wines. Owned by the Rosso family for generations, the winery has carved its place in the region through its dedication to producing top-quality wines, particularly Barolo.
Here’s a brief overview of the vineyards that contribute to the success of Giovanni Rosso winery:
- La Serra: This vineyard is situated in Serralunga d’Alba, a renowned wine-growing commune of the Barolo region. The vineyard is named after its ‘serra’ or ‘ridge’ position which provides excellent sun exposure. La Serra is known for producing wines with elegance, refinement, and floral notes.
- Cerretta: This is another significant vineyard located in Serralunga d’Alba. It is known for its rich, calcareous soil which adds a distinct complexity to the wines. Wines from Cerretta are characteristically rich and robust, often featuring notes of dark fruit and spices.
- Ester Canale Rosso: This vineyard is a unique asset to the Giovanni Rosso estate. The vineyard is named after Giovanni Rosso’s grandmother, Ester Canale, who inherited several top-rated vineyards in the region. The vineyard is located at a high altitude and produces Nebbiolo grapes for their highly sought-after Barolo wines.
- Serralunga d’Alba: Apart from specific single vineyards, Giovanni Rosso also owns several other smaller vineyards within the Serralunga d’Alba commune. These vineyards contribute to the winery’s range of classic Barolo wines, offering a more approachable style but still showcasing the region’s distinctive characteristics.
- Vineyard for Dolcetto and Barbera: Besides Nebbiolo, the primary grape for Barolo, Giovanni Rosso also cultivates other local grape varieties like Dolcetto and Barbera. These vineyards are spread across Serralunga d’Alba and offer a diverse wine profile, from the light and fresh Dolcetto to the fuller-bodied and acidic Barbera.
The vineyards at Giovanni Rosso winery are meticulously maintained with sustainable farming practices. The winery believes in minimal intervention, allowing the quality of the terroir to shine through in their wines. This commitment to quality and respect for the land makes the Giovanni Rosso Vineyards a true gem of the Barolo region.
Top Cru Vineyards
Giovanni Rosso is a prestigious winery located in the Piedmont region of Italy, renowned for its exceptional Barolo wines produced from the Nebbiolo grape. The winery has some of the most coveted “cru” vineyards in the Barolo region. Here are the top cru vineyards owned by Giovanni Rosso:
- Serralunga d’Alba: The heart of Giovanni Rosso’s production, this cru vineyard located in Serralunga d’Alba is the source of some of their most exceptional wines. The soil here is rich in limestone and micronutrients, providing the ideal conditions for Nebbiolo to thrive.
- Vigna Rionda: This is arguably one of the most prized vineyards in the Barolo region. Known for its unique microclimate and south-facing exposure, Vigna Rionda yields Barolo wines with great structure, depth, and aging potential.
- La Serra: The La Serra vineyard, located in the heart of Barolo, is recognized for producing elegant wines with a strong aroma, good body, and excellent longevity. The wines from this vineyard are typically characterized by their rich red fruit and floral notes.
- Cerretta: Located near Serralunga d’Alba, this vineyard produces wines known for their powerful structure and complexity. Nebbiolo grapes from Cerretta create wines that are rich, full-bodied, and possess a significant aging potential.
Each of these vineyards contributes distinct characteristics to their wines, thanks to the unique terroir, climate, and winemaking practices employed by the Giovanni Rosso estate. Together, they represent the essence of Barolo and the exceptional quality for which Giovanni Rosso is known.
|Broglio||Broglio vineyard is celebrated for producing light and aromatic wines. The vineyard’s sandy soil and ideal sun exposure lend a unique character to the wines.|
|Meriame||Meriame vineyard, situated at a higher altitude, enjoys cool temperatures. This climatic feature helps in the production of elegant, well-structured wines with pronounced acidity.|
|Sorano||Sorano vineyard is distinguished for its mineral-rich soils. Wines originating from this area boast a unique and complex flavor profile, often marked by mineral and stone fruit notes.|
|Costa Bella||Costa Bella vineyard, with its perfect sun exposure, is known for producing wines with excellent ripeness and concentration. Expect full-bodied, rich wines with a generous fruit profile from this area.|
|Lirano||The wines from Lirano vineyard are recognized for their balanced acidity and freshness. These characters can be attributed to the vineyard’s clay soils, which are known to retain water and contribute to the vines’ health.|
|Damiano||Damiano vineyard, named after the family patriarch, is renowned for producing robust wines with rich tannins and a full-bodied character. The wines from this vineyard are often age-worthy.|
|Valle del Mondo||Valle del Mondo vineyard, known for its diverse soil types, produces wines with unique characteristics. The wines are an excellent showcase of the full potential of the terroir, demonstrating complexity and elegance.|
|Etna||Etna vineyards in Sicily are famed for their unique volcanic soil. The wines from these vineyards are known for their distinctive minerality and are a true expression of the land’s unique geology.|
Barolo Vignarionda – a 100 points Wine Enthusiast Italian red wine with Daniele Dellanoce.
The Wines of Giovanni Rosso
Wines from Serralunga
Giovanni Rosso’s wines offer an incredible range of expressions from the Piedmont region, particularly from Serralunga d’Alba. Here are some of their renowned offerings:
- Barbera D’Alba D.O.C. Donna Margherita: Named after the founder’s grandmother, this wine is a vibrant expression of the Barbera grape. It showcases the grape’s hallmark high acidity and flavors of ripe red fruit, intertwined with the unique mineral complexity of Serralunga’s terroir.
- Langhe D.O.C. Nebbiolo: A superb introduction to the Nebbiolo grape, this wine encapsulates the power and elegance of the Serralunga terroir. Expect a richly layered palate of red cherries, dried herbs, and a distinct mineral streak.
- Barolo D.O.C.G.: This is Giovanni Rosso’s classic Barolo, reflecting the robust and complex nature of wines from the region. Made entirely from Nebbiolo, it’s a full-bodied, structured wine with an intricate blend of ripe red fruits, leather, and spices.
- Barolo D.O.C.G. Del Comune Di Serralunga D’Alba: A blend of Nebbiolo from various vineyards, this wine presents an all-encompassing profile of Serralunga’s unique terroir. It’s a complex and elegant wine with layers of red fruit, floral notes, and a definitive mineral core.
- Barolo D.O.C.G. Cerretta: Produced from the Cerretta vineyard, this Barolo is a sophisticated expression of its site. It combines power and elegance, with ripe fruit notes, complex spices, and a deep mineral essence that speaks of its origin.
- Barolo D.O.C.G. Serra: A wine that offers an aromatic depth and a balanced structure. It reveals a blend of ripe red fruits, delicate floral notes, and complex earthy undertones that mirror its Serra vineyard origins.
- Langhe D.O.C. Nebbiolo Ester Canale Rosso: Named after Ester Canale, the family matriarch who had a deep passion for winemaking. This Nebbiolo offers a vibrant blend of red fruit flavors, floral undertones, and a pleasing minerality.
- Barolo D.O.C.G. Vignarionda Ester Canale: This wine is crafted from Nebbiolo grapes grown in the esteemed Vignarionda vineyard. Known for its powerful structure and deep complexity, this wine is a true testament to the vineyard’s high reputation.
In summary, Giovanni Rosso’s portfolio reflects a deep commitment to expressing the unique character of the Serralunga terroir through their meticulously crafted wines. Each wine provides an intimate glimpse into the vineyards that make the Piedmont region so special.
Wines from Etna
Etna Bianco Contrada Montedolce D.O.C.: Made from native Sicilian white grape varieties, this wine offers a unique taste of the region’s terroir with its minerality and freshness.
Etna Rosso Contrada Montedolce D.O.C.: This red wine made from Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio grapes is a representation of Etna’s distinctive volcanic soil and climatic conditions.
The Giovanni Rosso Winery is more than just a place where great wines are made. It’s a testament to the family’s passion for winemaking and their dedication to showcasing the unique terroir of their vineyards. A visit to the winery is an immersive experience, offering an in-depth look at the art of winemaking in the heart of Italy’s famed Barolo region. Whether you’re a novice wine enthusiast or a seasoned connoisseur, a visit to the Giovanni Rosso Winery is a journey worth making.